Are you the creative, social, event planner in your group? Do you love talking to people and having fun? SplashTown is Houston’s largest waterpark…so NEW, so BIG, so CLOSE! We are currently undergoing a multi-million dollar expansion and renovation, and plan to be the destination for family fun!
SplashTown has a fast paced work environment and we are currently looking for a bright, passionate and ambitious intern to support the sales & marketing team. As the Marketing Intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on a number of marketing projects that will help us grow. This is a fun and exciting opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in the theme park environment.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is outgoing, personable, self-motivated and will enjoy the balance of working outdoors as well as in the office.
As Marketing Intern You Will:
• Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing with public relations and communications for any press releases or press events.
• Assist with Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts.
• Assist Sales Representatives at corporate events/picnics.
• Help with administrative projects.
• Create posters/ flyers to assist with event marketing.
• Event planning and logistics support on all events.
• Assist with group or party orders and provide information to inquiring guests.
• Plus, plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Are Looking For:
• Background in Marketing, Communication, Sales, Hospitality or other related discipline.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented, outgoing and self-motivated.
• Ability to handle heavy incoming phone calls with “guest first” standards at all times.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
• Well organized, hardworking and have the ability to multi-task.
• Creative and Flexible.
• Familiarity with social networking sites desired.
• Enjoys a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Possess excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
• Willingness to work outside for long periods of time.
We value all of our seasonal staff and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals.